Monday, December 23, 2013

Give someone a Christmas they'll never forget.

My goodness did this December fly! I guess that’s what a late Thanksgiving we’ll do to ya (and everyone likes to complain about Christmas creeping on Thanksgiving!). :P

For me, between work and play and some gift-giving along the way, there was never quite enough time to sit down and assemble my thoughts on this, the latest installment of marketing/retail holiday tactics. (In a nutshell: everyone is WAY too desperate).

And so, I leave you with an ad that caught my attention at the season’s onset.

The Bear & The Hare | John Lewis
I must have watched this 4-5x that first day. I have since played it a dozen or so more and downloaded the song (#1 in the UK! – how’s that for marketing?!).

While I’ve no doubt John Lewis had a slew of product- and price-specific spots too numerous to mention, I’m always impressed when a retailer opts to invent a feel-good, superfluous story rather than pitch a common bauble (especially at Christmas).

If this doesn’t tug at your heart strings, nothing will!

Merry Christmas and thanks for reading.
See you all in 2014. :)

Cheers,
-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment